ISM students are empowered innovators who positively impact both Myanmar and the global community.
ISM as a community of lifelong learners prepares students with the knowledge, skills, understandings, and attitudes to become independent and socially responsible citizens who are successful in their future learning opportunities and in meeting the challenges of an ever-evolving world.
Schoolwide Learner Outcomes (SLO)
The Schoolwide Learner Outcomes (SLO) connect ISM’s Vision and Mission with teaching and learning. The SLO direct the unique character and
emphasis of teaching and learning within ISM.
ISM STUDENTS WILL BE CRITICAL THINKERS BY…
- Identifying, evaluating and using resources effectively for the purpose of problem-solving.
- Building meaning and understanding for themselves using prior knowledge and new information.
- Solving problems using a variety of strategies.
- Judging relevant from irrelevant information.
ISM STUDENTS WILL BE ACADEMIC ACHIEVERS BY…
- Continually assessing, and adjusting work to maintain high standards in all curricular areas.
- Demonstrating the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Accessing information from a variety of sources.
- Demonstrate technological literacy and the creative use of technology.
ISM STUDENTS WILL BE EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATORS BY…
- Demonstrating their creative talents to express themselves and convey ideas.
- Listen respectfully and ask questions to facilitate understanding and achieve insight.
- Demonstrate the skills of effective collaboration to achieve group goals.
ISM STUDENTS WILL BE SELF-DIRECTED LIFELONG LEARNERS BY…
- Accepting responsibility for one’s own learning.
- Participating in a variety of programs that develop social, emotional and physical talents.
- Taking creative risks in developing untried ideas.
- Demonstrating competency in goal setting, time management, and organizational skills.
ISM STUDENTS WILL BE INVOLVED CITIZENS BY…
- Demonstrating care and concern for their environment and community.
- Demonstrating responsibility for active decision making.
- Embracing awareness and respect for the rights of others.
- Supporting the safety and health of self and others.